In Project mode, you can track your word counts and/or writing time by project. A
“project” is any piece of writing you’d like to track, from a novel draft, to a proposal
outline, to your blogging efforts.
A dashboard keeps projects organized. Use the sort icon to sort projects by a variety of
options (color, alpha, last updated).
Add a project
- Tap + in the upper right of the Projects Dashboard to add a project.
- Fill out all fields and click Add.
Tip: Use color coding or the Project type field to group related projects. Here are some
- All creative writing projects could receive one color, all academic writing projects
another color, and blogging a third color.
- Colors could be used to indicate priority. For example, you could change the color
on projects with approaching deadlines to red.
- Group parts of a novel together. Some writers will track progress on one draft
separately from another. Make the novel name the project type. Or give all parts of
the novel the same color code. Or use the type field to indicate project phase, e.g.
drafting, revising, planning.
Delete a project
- From the Projects Dashboard, tap the project.
- Swipe right to left. Select Delete. It will delete automatically.
Get stats for all of your projects
- From the Projects Dashboard, click the paper icon.
- Scroll to see daily, weekly, monthly and annual stats for each project.
- To export your stats, use the X icon in the upper right corner.
Access your individual projects via the Projects Dashboard. Tap a project to open it.
The project screen gives a snapshot of the progress to date, including words and time to
Add writing time
- Use the timer to time your writing session. You may pause the timer to take a break.
Once complete, you will be able to tap to add the time to your time tracker.
- OR use the clock icon at top left of the screen. Manually add minutes spent
Count your words in your favorite writing tool. Tap the clock icon at top left of the
screen to add your words to your project’s word count total.
Tap the note icon at the top middle of the screen. Notes display in calendar view.
Tip: Use notes to record how you felt during your writing session. Or, make a note to
remind yourself where you’d like to pick up during your next session.
Tap the icon at the upper right of the screen (in the purple bar) to view project-level
stats. Use the X icon in the upper right to send yourself a .csv file.