How to Submit Your Work
Submit work from your Dashboard. Submissions then appear in the selected group workspace
for peer feedback.
- Add your Document to your Dashboard.
- From your Dashboard, scroll to Projects.
- Use New Project to create a new project, or add your
work to an existing project.
- Click Add Doc. The link is to the right of the project
- In the dialogue box, upload a .docx or copy/paste your work.
Save. Note: PDF uploads are in beta; you will not
be able to download your comments if you upload a PDF document.
Tip: Remember that documents on your Dashboard are private to you. Be sure to
complete the “Submit” step below.
- Check formatting. Once your document is added, view it by
clicking its name from your Dashboard. If any edits need to be made, click the
ellipsis (three dots) to the right of the document name on the Dashboard. Select the
Edit option, make your changes and
- Submit your work.
- Click the ellipsis (three dots) to the right of the document name, and select
Submit on the drop down.
- Select which group you’ll submit to. Check
Add Submission Notes box to if you'd like to ask any
particular questions of the group or to give a general statement about what
you're submitting -- adding 1-2 sentences about your book, or sharing a synopsis
will give reviewers context.
- Confirm Selection to complete the submission. Once you
submit, your group will get an email about the new submission, and your work
will post to the Critique panel at the top of the group workspace. Note: Your
work will be at the top of the list with the status “Submitted.” It will not
say “Give Critique” because you are not able to leave comments on your own
Issue: When I went to select a group, the group was not listed.
Answer: This may happen because of the following reasons:
- If your group uses credits, you may not have enough credits to submit.
Solutions: 1) Give critiques in your group to earn credits. 2) Or, ask a group
owner to edit the group and reduce credits required.
- Your submission may be over the word count limit for the group. Check your group’s
word count limit by going to its workspace and clicking the “Submissions” tab.
Solutions: 1) Edit your work to trim words, either via the Dashboard’s edit
option, or by uploading a shorter document. 2) Or, ask your group owner if they are
willing to edit the word count limit.
- If you have submitted the document to the group already, you will not be able to
re-submit the same document.
Solution: Add a new document to have your group critique a new version.